Very excited to share this incredible insight into the world of wedding planning, it really does’t have to be an all or nothing option!
Read on to find some FAQ answered by lovely Kayleigh at Dream Designs Dorset Wedding Planners!
- Why should a bride and groom hire a wedding planner?
Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things a person can do. On average it takes around 250 hours to bring all of your ideas together. That is a lot of work, especially for someone who already works full time and has other commitments. Hiring a wedding planner allows you to have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of, without the stress.
- What sort of packages do you offer?
I offer 4 packages;
- The Platinum Package – This is the full planning service. I assist with every aspect of a couple’s big day, getting to know them on a personal level, taking into account every like and dislike which enables me to give them the day of their dreams. Giving the couple, a completely stress free experience.
- The Gold Package – This package is for couples who have done the majority of the planning but need a helping pair of professional hands to bring together all of the plans already in place and anything else needed. Usually 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding. This package also includes on the day coordination.
- The Silver Package – This is our most popular service, on the day coordination. For the couples who wish to plan their entire wedding but not have to worry about everything running smoothly and correctly on the day. All communications with vendors involved would be passed over to myself 1-2 weeks prior. I manage the big day completely, giving the couple a relaxing and enjoyable wedding. Making memories they’ll cherish for a lifetime.
- The Bronze Package – It’s a long process researching venues and reputable suppliers, so I built this package specifically for just that. The couple are provided with a detailed report of 3 venues and/or suppliers in the area requested and with their wants taken into account. This certainly makes the planning process that little bit easier.
- The Bespoke Package – This package is built together with myself and the couple. Tailored around them exactly as they want it. No bespoke package will ever be the same as another. Totally unique to each bride and groom.
- Is hiring a wedding planner expensive?
It can be, but…I believe every couple should be able to enjoy the perks and expertise of a wedding planner without having to break the bank. I personally offer our packages at a price to suit their budget.
- How can hiring a wedding planner save a couple money?
Wedding planners have lots of contacts and know where and who to go to for value for money without scrimping on quality, talent, creativity and honesty, all of which are super important. Personally, a lot of my contacts offer a discount through me, to my clients. I can negotiate with vendors to get my couples the best possible price and all discounts and savings are passed directly to the couple
- How long have you been a wedding planner?
I finished my studies in mid-2015, but I have currently begun more, you can never know too much I say! I properly launched my company in September last year. Quickly followed by a great opportunity to freelance for a separate company and their clients’ corporate events.
- What are the biggest challenges as a wedding planner?
Well for me personally, as a new business, it’s been ‘getting out there.’ There are some truly fabulous wedding planners in this area with many years of experience. So for me to get where I am in such a short space of time has been wonderful. The wedding industry is huge and I am honoured to be a part of it and making local couples’ dreams a reality.
- Why did you decide to be a wedding planner?
For me it has always been forefront in my mind for many years, even before I married, 8 years ago. To be able to share a couple’s special day with them and help them bring their dreams to life is just an amazing feeling. My dream had to be pushed back due to my eldest son’s rare chromosome deletion diagnosis, which causes him many issues, especially back then. He became my focus for a long time. It was a long, hard time for us all but now you wouldn’t even think he has issues at all which makes me super proud and I know I made the right decision J
- Can you work at any venue?
Yes. Although most venues do have their own wedding coordinator, they work solely for the venue. So they wouldn’t have been with the couple throughout their planning process.
- Do you do all kinds of events?
I do! I studied all events and have a good knowledge of the industry (weddings I studied in-depth) There are so many types of events but with the knowhow and the passion I possess I am more than happy to take on anything with confidence.
- What if the bride and groom want to do some of the organisation?
That is totally fine. As I mentioned previously – The Gold and Silver Packages allow the couple to plan as much or as little of their day and still hire a wedding planner. It’s exciting and new and such a satisfying thing to do.
- What is your best wedding planning experience?
Without a doubt it would be my own wedding. That is what truly spurred me on to get me where I am today. I married quite young to the father of my eldest. Despite being separated now for many years and planning my future with my fiancé of 6 years, our wedding will always be very special to me for giving me the insight and the passion that has now grown into Dream Designs Dorset.